2.14.2013

Quick and Easy Breadstick Recipe

I got this recipe at a recipe exchange a few years ago and was impressed with how easy they are to make, and tasty, too!  I've made these a couple times in the last two weeks, and everyone I've served them to has asked for the recipe, so I thought I would share it with all of you.

So without further ado, here it is!

Quick & Easy Breadsticks

Quick and Easy Breadsticks
1 1/2 cups warm water
1 Tbsp yeast
1 Tbsp sugar
1 tsp salt
3 cups flour
1-2 Tbsp butter, melted

Mix all ingredients together except butter.  Cover and let rise for 15-20 minutes (I turn on my oven to preheat and set the bowl on the stove, so it's got a warm place to rise).  Dump the dough out onto a floured surface and dust the top of it with flour so the rolling pin won't stick to it.  Roll out to the size of your cookie sheet or cake pan.  Cut into sticks with a pizza cutter and place in pan or on sheet.  Baste with butter.

You can leave the breadsticks like this, or you can season them.  I like to season them with a seasoning mixture I got from my sister-in-law's mother-in-law (I know, complicated, huh?).  It's a lot like this stuff you can get from Walmart or any grocery store .  Then I sprinkle the sticks with Parmesan cheese and throw them in the oven.

Bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until slightly golden on top.

Enjoy with your favorite soup or pasta!

No comments:

Post a Comment