3.16.2013

Pinterest Recipe Review: Confetti Chicken Pasta with Vegetables

This recipe claims to be a throw-anything in and it will taste good type of recipe.  I like those because I don't always have the veggies on hand that are called for in a recipe.  It certainly looked tasty in the pictures, so I decided to try it out the other night.

Here is her picture and mine so you can do a side-by-side comparison:

I did do some things differently. I didn't have asparagus, so that got nixed. I added some cauliflower and I used red bell pepper instead of yellow. I also have picky pasta eaters, so I used half regular penne and half whole-grain penne instead all whole-wheat penne. Not as healthy, but my kids will eat it. I used whole milk instead of 1/2 & 1/2, and Parmesan instead of Feta. Other than that, I followed the recipe directions.

I thought it turned out very tasty-looking.  I couldn't wait to dig in.  Once I did, I was a little disappointed in the flavor--it just wasn't intense enough for me.  Using Feta probably would have gone a long way toward upping the flavor intensity, so I can't really blame the recipe for that problem.  And my husband said he didn't have a problem with the flavor, so it could just be the pregnancy, too.  Most pasta dishes are too bland for me right now, I've found. Other than that one "problem," it was a hearty meal that we all enjoyed.  A great choice for anyone looking for an easy weeknight dinner that won't require a trip to the grocery!

No comments:

Post a Comment