2.23.2014

Fashion Fun--My Little Ponies in Real Life: Fluttershy

This was by far the hardest My Little Pony fashion board I've done.  Fluttershy is such an interesting character, with her shyness and love of animals, her forays into high fashion, and her sudden fierceness if the ponies or creatures she loves are threatened.  But it means her fashion could go a million different ways depending on what aspect of her personality you want to bring out.

When I started, the idea I had in my head was a long flowy dress, but I couldn't decide if it should be her casual look or her fancy look. At first, I thought fancy, but then what for casual? A bunny sweater? A flowy top with short shorts or skinny jeans? The other problem I had was that I like to have the clothes not be on a model, but flowy clothes often look terrible when they're not worn.  I finally ironed it out, and I like the end product. I could have easily done two more boards with all the ideas I had for her, but with three kids on the go, I don't have time to do that.  I'm satisfied with this one.  But I would love to see your creations if you have a different vision!  Just leave a link in the comments.

Fluttershy


So far in my quest to put the Friendship is Magic ponies into fashion, I've done Rarity, Pinkie Pie, and Rainbow Dash, and Applejack.  Click on their names to see their style boards.  The products used to make this style board are listed below if you're interested in emulating this version of Fluttershy. ;)

P.S. I don't get anything if you click through to these items.  I just thought it might be fun to check out how the crazy (and sometimes not so crazy) prices on some of these fashions.

Long yellow dress
$90 - bardot.com.au


Turquoise blue dress
$460 - foreverunique.co.uk


River Island bandeau bikini top
$25 - riverisland.com



River Island embellished shoes
$58 - riverisland.com



Pink sapphire diamond ring
mdcdiamonds.com


Red Herring polish jewelry
$10 - debenhams.com


Sterling silver jewellery
$260 - wolfandbadger.com


Kendra Scott cuff bangle
kendrascott.com


Bracelet jewelry
etsy.com






Brass chain necklace
jcpenney.com


Hat Attack brimmed hat
lespommettes.com


Gucci logo sunglasses
$405 - psyche.co.uk



No comments:

Post a Comment